This was my first official Mother’s Day as a mom (well, mom-to-be). Here are a few of my favorite moments from the past 7.5 months:
- baby’s heartbeat for the first time. I can’t even begin to describe the emotions I felt the moment I heard that tiny sound for the first time.
- Feeling the first kick.
- Seeing Chad feel the baby kick for the first time.
- The fun and laughter over potential names for our little baby (Thunder, Biddlesworth, Billingsley, Danger, and many more…side note, according to promotions and commercials, it appears that “many more” has appeared on more CDs than almost any other artist)
- Picking out baby toys (We could spend hours shopping for toys, but the moment we get in the boring aisles full of diapers and bottles, and we get confused and want to go home.)
- The first time we saw his little face on the ultrasound. And how he seemed so relaxed and laid back in the womb, with his little arm behind his head and his feet propped up.
- Imaging what the little one is doing inside the womb. Is he reading? Exercising? Boxing (feels like it!)? What would he say if he could talk right now?
- Imaging what our little boy will be like, what he’ll enjoy doing, how he’ll sound, what he’ll say, the jokes he’ll tell…
We only have about 2 more months to go before we get to meet our little boy in person. I can’t believe the months have flown by so fast. It really seems like yesterday that we were looking at that little pregnancy stick test with surprise, fear, and excitement. Soon, we’ll be parents. I’ll be a mom. And I can only hope to follow the wonderful example my mom and dad set for me. Happy Mother’s Day to my mom, my grandmother, and all the other amazing mothers out there!