You know you’re pregnant when….
- your hormones are so out of control that the simple act of petting your dog can make you cry uncontrollably for hours.
- your appetite can range from ravenous for everything that tastes like lemons or lemonade to non-existent for anything with any sort of strong odor or scent.
- people you hardly know suddenly feel completely comfortable touching your belly and having full conversations with your mid-section.
- you are the recipient of words of wisdom and advice from everyone who has ever come in contact with a child.
- trying on clothes becomes incredibly depressing. Nothing looks good anymore and everything in style is not made for full-bellied women.
- your belly seems to be both enormous and disappointingly small at the same time.
- four months of maternity leave doesn’t seem like it will be enough.
- the mess of a room that will eventually be the baby’s haunts you daily. I should really clean that room up sometime…
- a baby book with over 1,000 pages of potential baby names still seems inadequate when trying to select a name.
- it becomes shocking that tiny clothes made of so little fabric, and that will only be worn for a month or two, cost just as much as grown-up clothes.
Just a few revelations from my first 5 months of pregnancy. More to come…